Thursday, January 30, 2014

Do You Know Why We Celebrate the 4th of July?


I was just cleaning my bedroom (a rare event) while listening to a radio broadcast called Liberty Storm. I study my pet subjects while I do housework, which is how I am able to learn so many interesting things. Anyway, the program has a Man on the Street segment that has me so appalled I had to force myself to stop cleaning to sit down and write about it. The question being explored was: Do Americans Understand Why We Celebrate the 4th of July? Here is the transcript from this segment:

Q: When the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1976, what country did we break away from?
A: (A young woman) What?
Q: What country did we break away from back in 1976, when the Declaration of Independence was signed?
A: That's a really good question.
Q: You know, we have a big party and everybody celebrates, gets drunk and barbecues. . .
A: The 4th of July? I love that!
Q: But you don't know why we celebrate it?
A: No. .  it's. . . China?
Q: So when we signed the Declaration of Independence, we broke away from China.
A: I knew that! China.

To a different person:
Q: When we declared independence from China back in 1776, and Jesse Ventura signed the Declaration of Independence, what year was that?
A (guy): Oh [gosh],
A (girl): Wait, Jesse Ventura signed the Declaration of Independence?
Q: Don't help him, just him. What year was that?
A(guy): I have no idea.
Q: The Declaration of Independence signed when we had the revolutionary war against China?
A: It's been so long. I haven't had to remember that forever.
Q: Yeah, who cares about American History and our founding, right?

Next person:
Q: Talking about the Chinese Revolutionary War, when we signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and broke away from China, what year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
A: Oh my gosh, it was 18-something. I don't know!
Q: Okay. Have a nice life.

Next:
Q: When the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, what year did they sign the Declaration of Independence and break away from England to start America?
A: Uh, '78, I don't know.
Q: 1978?
A: Yeah.

Next:
Q: When Jesse Ventura and Jack Lemon and the other Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence, what year was that?
A:(laughter from a young woman) Oh! I don't know!
Q: Have a nice life.

---End of transcript---

I'm sorry, but I can't stand it. Is it any wonder that our country is in the shape it's in? I realize that this was a small sampling from a single location, but judging by the way our government "governs," I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the case with a huge number of our populace. Folks, one of the reasons that schools were instituted way back when was so that the values of the community could be regularly instilled in the youth. That was before compulsory educating became the norm, when it switched over to brainwashing the youth to have them trained to be employees for the governing elite, and other nefarious purposes.
    We attend church each week in order to keep us tuned in to the spiritual principles that should guide our lives. I would maintain that one of the main purposes for sending our children to public school everyday should be to keep them tuned in to the principles of freedom so that they will have a desire to defend those principles when they are threatened. I promise that if they don't even know the basics like the names of the Founders, who it was we were fighting against, and the most basic of dates as to when those things happened, they aren't learning the principles, either.
     I will have more to say on this very soon, but I just wanted to get that out of my system. Thanks for "listening."





No comments:

Post a Comment